- The Hospitality service industry is fast growing and evolving.
- The development of Catering Institutions has closely followed the changes in food habits of people.
- The course intends to introduce the students to the basics of cooking food coupled with the scientific approach by trying to understand the basic commodities utilized in the preparation of food.
- Cooking of food is a skill based education that requires both the style of art and the method of science.
- Describe kitchen operations including culinary terminology, operational software, cooking methods, and basic food handling skills.
This course provides an introduction to food production Industry:
- To develop skills of entrepreneurship in the Industry
- To find employment as food production personnel and assistant manager in small scale food service unit
- To establish and manage a small scale food service unit
- To provide with the necessary knowledge and skill to run and control all operations in the unit
- To develop culinary skills
This course is a planned sequence of instructions consisting of Units meant for developing employability and Skills competencies of students of Class XII opting for Skills subject along with general education subjects.
|301||English Core||Language I|
|809||Food Production||Skill Course|
|500||Work Experience||Internal Assessment|
|502||Health & Physical Education||Internal Assessment|
|503||General Studies/ Employability Skills||Internal Assessment|
Are you Searching for Skill-Oriented Courses
During the course of two years, students will be provided with internship program opportunities with reputed industries or ﬁrms in the respective sectors.