- Renuka Raju is a passionate educationist and entrepreneur who has pioneered several initiatives to create a qualitative and quantitative transformation in the education and competencies ecosystem in India.
She is the Founder of Lotus Learning Systems Society (Regd.) and the Founder & Correspondent of four Lotus National Schools (CBSE) in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. She is also the Chairperson & Managing Director (CMD), KOVIDA Limited, Hyderabad.
Renuka has completed her Masters in Education from College of Education and Allied Professions, University of Toledo, USA. She had also completed Marketing Management Executive Education Program from Columbia University, USA and the Executive Education Program in Finance Management from IIM Bangalore.
- She is a committed researcher and writer, and has published two books of interest to academics and policy makers
- National Skills Qualifications Framework in India: Policy, Processes and Platforms for Program Delivery’ launched by Hon’ble Minister of State (IC) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, GoI, Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy in March 2015
- ‘Indian Certificate of Applied Learning (ICAL) for College and Career Readiness and Preparation: The Need Articulation for Quality Education and Skills – A discussion document; launched by J.S. Rajput – Padma Shree Awardee, Member NEP Drafting Committee 2016 & Ex. Director NCERT and Prof. T.V. Kattimani, Member NEP Drafting Committee 2017 and Vice Chancellor, AP Central Tribal University, Vizianagaram.
- She has conducted several training programs, webinars, workshops and conferences, including collaborations with UNESCO Delhi and state education departments.
She has been a member of several prominent committees, including: the Strategic Communication Group of Saakshar Bhaarat; the National Literacy Mission Authority (NLMA); the Steering Committee on Secondary and Vocational Education for the XII Five-Year Plan of the Planning Commission of India; the CII Primary Education National Council; and the AP Higher Education Department Task Force Committee.
Her passion for education reforms has earned her a mention as ‘Eminent Person and Organization’ in draft National Educational Policy (NEP) 2019. She was awarded the ‘Asia One Magazine & URS Media International Women Empowerment Principles Leadership Awards 2020-21’.
Renuka is passionate about social work and giving back to the community. She and her family play an important role in enhancing the quality of life for children in various orphanages through both personal participation and contribution in various relief and charity efforts.
She also has a passion for conservation and preservation of arts and cultural heritage. She is a former member of the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH). She has played a crucial role in the reconstruction of the Jogulamba Temple (the fifth Shakthi Peeth) at Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh in 2005. She was an active member of the Reconstruction Committee formed for this purpose by the Endowment Department of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.